Cameo Business Modeler 18.4 Documentation
Cameo Business Modeler (CBM) 18.4 introduces new ways to get your most important modeling tasks done quicker and easier. Included in this update, expanded Teamwork Cloud integration features will help you collaborate more efficiently with your team. These are just a few of the new features which make us confident that version 18.4 will enhance your CBM experience, making you even more productive. Download it today at nomagic.com or contact your sales representative, and don't forget to give us your feedback on Twitter or Facebook.
Offline Mode for Server Projects
When working on a model stored in Teamwork Cloud, you can now store an offline copy of a project, and commit project changes later. By clicking on the Save Changes Locally command in the Collaborate menu, you can disconnect form the server and reconnect later to commit your changes. Offline mode also allows you to work on several Teamwork Cloud projects at the same time, even if those projects are located on different servers. This new feature results in faster and safer modeling by allowing you to save incremental changes locally, continue modeling without a server connection, and reduce the amount of time spent committing those changes to the server.
Figure 2: The Manage Projects window showing the multiple projects feature which allows you to have several Teamwork Cloud projects open at once.
Efficient Collaboration with Teamwork Cloud
Many new features have been added to promote efficiency and clarity when collaboratively building models using Teamwork Cloud. The Commit Project to the Server window presents the changed elements during the local session in a nested tree view with simple navigation. You will now see a notification if another member of your team commits an update to the model on which you are working. Significant new functionality has been added for project administrators to manipulate Project Usages in Teamwork Cloud.
Figure 3: In the new Commit Project to Server window, all changed elements are highlighted in a color which corresponds to a particular action in the dialog box.
These new features give you the ability to:
- Embed in local projects
- Remove a project usage (including standard/system profiles)
- Lock and unlock project usages
- Change or update sticky version of a project usage
- Reload usages from local project file
- Import a used project into the model
Implied relation operation has been improved by adding definable hierarchies that allow you to recursively collect elements, not only through generalization and composition, but any other available operation or combination of them. This feature allows you to then customize implied relation operation to meet your needs.
Report Wizard now provides more flexibility by allowing you to:
- Generate reports from a specific Teamwork Cloud project version.
- Choose whether or not .svg graphics in Web Publisher 2.0 reports are linkable or resizable.
- Retrieve information about used projects (modules).
- Utilize the new Generic Table Export template to dynamically export column elements of the Generic Table diagram.
MagicDraw 18.4 includes new modeling features and extended capability of existing features. Some of the new updates are a new smart manipulator toolbar, new drag-and-drop features, extended menu commands, and workflows.
Enhanced features for diagrams include the ability to:
- Display full-size images on symbols in a diagram. Learn more about applying images >>
- Hide multiplicities displayed next to the Parts or Ports type.
- Delete elements only from Smart Package content. Learn more about removing elements from a Smart Package >>
- Align multi-line body text of an Opaque Action to the left.
- Set UML Expressions that are used as Property Slot or Default Values to Read-only in online editor and diagram.
- Align text of tagged values and constraints on shapes.
- If the Element Type box is specified as a stereotype with an abstract metaclass, users can now select only stereotype's tags and metaclass properties as table columns.
- The Glossary table now supports capitalized acronyms. Learn more about the usage of acronyms in Glossary table >>
- The numbers of the elements can now be displayed in any table. Learn more about displaying elements numbers in tables >>
- A new Selection toolbar in the diagram palette provides commands to select siblings, elements of the same type, elements with the same stereotype applied, elements that are all connected, are elements connected recursively, and all elements on the diagram.
A new search field in the Select Element Type dialog allows you to easily find desired elements.
- Improved dialogs have been added for editing of time and date settings.
CPU/Memory Profiler Plugin is not Supported
- As of version 18.4, MagicDraw no longer supports the CPU Memory Profiler Plugin. Instead of this, we suggest using the Java VirtualVM.
Installation and Licensing
- The latest FlexNet license server version 11.13.1 is supported.
- The program launcher on Mac OS X is upgraded. Now the correct application name is shown in the Dock and Activity Monitor.
- UML Value Specifications are not recreated after modification. Now they are used as values of Slots or default values of Properties.