Cameo Collaborator 18.0 SP3 Documentation
The author can share the published project with reviewers by providing them with the direct link to this project.
To provide the reviewer with the link to the published project
- Open the Internet browser.
In the Address bar, type <server address>/share/page/ and press Enter.
Type user name and password for logging on to the server and click Login.
- Open the folder that stores the published project.
- Find the published project you need to share.
- Click Share. The dialog opens displaying the link to that published project.
Click the icon that represents how you want to share the link.
You can also copy the link and paste it wherever you like, such as an email or document.
When you select a sharing option, a page relevant to your selection displays.
- Complete the details on the provided page and share the link.
The reviewers, as soon as they receive this link, can open the published project and make a review. All the reviewers by default play the Contributor's role in the published project. If you want to change the role, see Managing roles and permissions.
Sharing the contents publicly
The link to the published project is available only for authenticated users, unless the project is published to the Guest Home folder. Hence, if you want to share the project published to another folder or a site with unauthenticated users, you must make that project available for the Guest users.
To make the published project available for the Guest users
- In the folder, where your project is stored, move the pointer over the published project.
- Click Manage Permissions.
- Click Add/User Group. The search dialog opens.
- Type Guest and click Search or press Enter. The search returns the Guest user.
Click Add. The Guest user is placed in the Locally Set Permissions table. The user is given the Consumer role.
If you want the Guest users to be able to comment in the project, change the Consumer role to the one with more permissions. For this, click the Consumer button in the Role column and then select the role you need.
Be careful making the decision which role to give. We do not recommend giving the Guest user more permissions than authenticated users have on this project.
As a result, even the unauthenticated users can open, review, and comment in the published project.
Follow this procedure as well, when you want to allow the commenting for the Guest users on the project stored in the Guest Home folder. In such case it is not enough just to share the project.
Managing roles and permissions
The reviewers by default play the Contributor's role in the published project. If you want to give the particular user or user group more or less permissions for that contents, you can change this role.
To change the role for a user/user group in the published project
- In the folder, where your project is stored, move the pointer over the published project
- Click Manage Permissions.
- Click Add User/Group.
- Type the name of the user or group you want to define permissions for and click Search or press Enter. The search returns a list of users.
- Click Add to place the user or group in the Locally Set Permissions table. The user is given the Consumer role.
Change the role as needed.
If the role is other than Consumer, skip this step. Otherwise, click Inherit Permissions to ignore the inherited permissions. The button changes to Inherit Permissions.
If you skip this step, the users/groups that play the Consumer's role can still perform all the actions allowed by the inherited role, which is usually the Contributor.
- Click Save.