The functionality of synchronization has been simplified. The synchronization will not limit only to a simple type to type mapping and attribute to attribute mapping. Target node type can be defined dynamically according to a specified attribute's value.
To copy data and define target node type by attribute's value
Use any DataHub operation to copy data.
Select Group Type Mapping from the Mapping Mode option in the Copy Data dialog, see figure below.
3. Select a source node type to start mapping.
4. Check the check box, see figure below.
5. Choose an attribute that will be used to define a target node type.
6. Specify the attribute's value to do the mapping.
If the attribute is Enumeration, you can select the value from a drop-down menu, see figure below.
If the attribute is a simple data type, you can type any expected value in the Value box.
7. Choose a target node type for that value from the Target Type box on the right-hand side.
8. Continue mapping the attributes.
9. Click the button to enter more value for mapping.
10. Complete all steps above to map each attribute's value.
11. Click the OK button to start copying.
The functionality to map between Attribute value and Target type is available only in Group Type Mapping.
At least 2 values have to be identified for mapping.
The attribute that is used to define a target type will be dedicated only for this purpose. It will bind to the target type and will no longer be available for the schema mapping.
The mapping can be edited or deactivated in the Schema Map Manager dialog.