Cameo Safety and Reliability Analyzer 18.0 SP1 Documentation
Cameo Safety and Reliability Analyzer Technology Preview has been enhanced in this service pack. Download the plugin today at nomagic.com or contact your sales representative, and don't forget to give us your feedback on Twitter or Facebook.
- Usage of Activity elements as Items under Failure Mode Effects Analysis (FMEA) tables has been added as a means to explicitly analyze possible failures of system functions. Analysis for design elements was already implemented in the initial version of the plugin.
- Now the Final Effect Of Failure element has a default Severity value as a property, as well as the Cause Of Failure element has default Occurrence and Detection values as its properties. When using one of those elements in a particular FMEA table, Severity, Occurrence and Detection column values are filled automatically based on the default element values accordingly. If you need, you can change the default values manually.
- Suggestions for Prevention and Detection Control values now appear when reusing the same Causes Of Failure throughout the FMEA model. It allow faster definition of values as you do not need to repeat typing the same value time to time.
- Multiple local effects for a single Failure mode and multiple causes of a failure for a single FMEA item can now be assigned.
- A new column called Subsystem has been added. You can add a Part or Block element in this column.
The following default values as properties have been assigned for the particular elements:
- A Harm element has a default Severity value
- A Sequence of Event element has a default P1 value
- A Hazardous Situation element has default P2 value
When using one of these elements in a particular Risk table for the first time, Severity, P1 and P2 column values are filled automatically based on the default element values accordingly. If you need, you can change the default values manually.
Updates in Samples
Safety and Reliability analysis samples have been updated.
- A Failure Mode Effects Analysis (FMEA) sample has been added to demonstrate mitigation by requirements instead of parts
- Some updates have been made to several BDD diagram layouts and element names, the format of rating values have been updated as well.
To open the sample, do one of the following:
- When the program starts, on the Welcome screen, select Samples and then in the Safety and Reliability Analysis section select to open one of an existing sample model.
- Go to <modeling tool installation directory>\samples\Safety and Reliability Analysis and open one of the existing .mdzip file.