MagicDraw 18.4 Documentation
The following instructions describe how to migrate projects from MagicDraw Teamwork Server to Teamwork Cloud (TWCloud). These instructions cannot be applied to user and permissions migration. The users and permissions can only be migrated manually.
- The server you want to migrate from and the server you want to migrate to are connected to the same network (recommended).
The TWCloud repository has enough space on the disc to store migrated projects. We recommend allocating at least 100 MB per project.
- Both the client and server versions are the same (for example, all versions are 18.4).
- The user performing the migration has either Administer project or Read model permission on Teamwork Server and Project Creator permission on TWCloud.
- Make a backup of the Teamwork Server repository.
Install a temporary Teamwork Server that is the same version as the Teamwork Cloud.
Please contact your sales executive to obtain a temporary license key.
Start the temporary Teamwork Server with the backup repository.
Resave projects in this temporary Teamwork Server. After resaving, projects are ready to migrate to the Teamwork Cloud. This step is recommended for smoother and faster project migration to TWCloud.
- Log in to the temporary Teamwork Server.
- From the Collaborate menu, select Export Projects to TWCloud. The Project Export Wizard opens.
- First, select the projects you want to export to the TWCloud repository, and in the Action column of each project, select one of the following:
- Export Trunk, if you want export the last trunk version of that project.
- Export All Branches, if you want to export the last trunk version of that project and the last versions of all its branches.
Export Custom Branches, if you want to export the last versions of selected branches and/or trunk of that project.
- If you select a project that was already exported to TWCloud, it will be skipped. The project cannot be exported twice.
- If you select to export a project that uses other projects, it is not necessary to export them as well. The used projects can be exported later.
If you want to export all projects in the list, select Export Trunk or Export All Branches from the drop-down list on the toolbar above that list.
Second, type your user name and password on TWCloud, and then provide the TWCloud server address.
Wait while project copies are created and exported to TWCloud. This may take 5 to 15 minutes per project.
Only the last versions of the selected projects are exported. Project history cannot be migrated.
Log out of Teamwork Server.
From the Collaborate menu, select Open Server Project.
In the Open Server Project dialog, find the exported to TWCloud projects, open them, and perform the collaborative tasks .
The projects exported to TWCloud will have original commit details from the Teamwork Server:
- Who committed the last commit in the Teamwork Server,
- The date of the last commit in the Teamwork Server,
- The comment of the last commit in the Teamwork Server.
These details can be found in the Version Properties dialog.
Project migration cannot be completed
This may happen for many reasons, such as:
- The project has recovered elements
- A profile/plugin is not installed
- Project elements are locked by other users (if the project is in an older format)
To see the entire report of a particular issue, open the project and read the message that appears when the project loads. Fix the reported issue and try exporting again.
If the problem persists, report the issue with the log file attached to the No Magic Customer Support team.
Project migration is terminated because of lack of memory
To solve this issue, increase the size of memory allocated for the client application, i.e., MagicDraw, Cameo Systems Modeler, etc. For this, do the following:
- Open for edit the .properties file of the client application (for example, magicdraw.properties), which can be found in <MagicDraw installation directory>\bin.
- In the JAVA_ARGS line, replace -Xmx800M with -Xmx3700M , which stands for 3,7 GB allocated, or greater value.
- Restart the client application.
- Try to export again.
User rights are insufficient to create projects in TWCloud
To export projects to TWCloud you must have Project Creator permission. Contact your TWCloud Administrator to obtain the permission.
- No labels