MagicDraw 18.4 Documentation
Teamwork Cloud (TWCloud) is No Magic’s next generation repository for collaborative development and versioned storage of models. TWCloud is envisioned and architected to provide significant future improvements in the areas of model-governance, model-analysis, and integration with third-party tools. But already the first release will bring tangible benefits to enterprise users:
- Among the major new features is Role Based Access Control that enables efficient management of users’ access rights across the enterprise. Moreover, as distributed systems can be challenging to administer we have built a convenient web based administrative interface to TWCloud. This provides a single way to manage user accounts, licensing, access control, LDAP integration, and SSL.
- TWCloud is designed from the ground up to support working with large models. In particular, the efficient delta-based protocol used when users commit and retrieve updates to a model will save time for users who access the repository through poor network connections. Likewise, as the amount of data that is transmitted depends only on the size of a change being made, users who work on.
The current limitation in TWCloud 18.4 is that a project cannot have read-write access to other projects. All Project Usages are established as read-only.
The following are the distinctions between TWCloud and Teamwork Server in MagicDraw.
- Project Usages location: The model browser has a dedicated location for the Project Usages, instead of listing everything under the main model element.
- Shared Packages: There are no shared packages in the Project Usages so all content is available for referencing.
- Automatic Update of Project Usages: When referencing the latest version of the Project Usage, instead of the silent auto-update, a message will appear notifying you of the new version of the Project Usages. You may choose to update it or keep using the current one.
- Multi-site: TWCloud does not support a shared repository among different geo locations. This is a planned feature and will be included in a future release.
- Command Line Interface (CLI) for Managing Users and Permissions: This feature is currently under development and will be added in the upcoming release.
You can find more information about the TWCloud's key benefits, required resources, and latest news on its official product page here http://www.nomagic.com/products/teamwork-cloud.html.
- No labels