MagicDraw 18.5 Documentation
This page explains the content of the cell in the Dependency matrix. The following sections describe the Dependency matrix areas and cell content:
Rows, columns, and cells in the Dependency matrix
The Dependency matrix contains the following areas:
- Rows display elements specified in the Row Element Type box and Row Scope box of the criteria area.
- Columns display elements specified in the Column Element Type box and Column Scope box of the criteria area.
Cells display dependencies between elements specified in the rows and columns. The content of the cells depends on selected criteria in the Dependency Criteria box and the Direction box of the criteria area.
The main areas of the Dependency matrix. The illustration displays concepts from the SysML Plugin.
Representation of the dependencies in a cell
The default representation of the dependencies in the cells includes the following:
- Arrowed diagonal. The direction of the arrow is from the client element to the supplier element.
Arrowed diagonal representation
The representation of the arrowed diagonal is different when the same elements are connected through:
- One dependency , e.g., .
- Two dependencies, e.g., and .
- More than two dependencies, e.g., , .
- Diagonal. Elements depend on each other.
You can specify the colors and line styles used to represent the relationships in your dependency matrices. How to specify relationship line styles >
Numbers in the Dependency matrix
There are three types of numbers directly in the matrix (see the following figure):
- The number of dependencies in the row.
- The number of dependencies in the column.
- The number of criteria in the cell.
The details of a cell
Move your mouse over a cell to view details of the dependency (relationship) represented in the cell. The ToolTip displays information about the relationships.
The ToolTip displays information about existing relations between Over Pressure Valve and Anto Black-flow Valve Blocks. The illustration displays concepts from SysML Plugin.
- No labels