- License Administration Guide. FlexNet Publisher 2022 R1 (11.19.0)
- License Administration Guide. FlexNet Publisher 2021 R3 (11.18.2)
- License Administration Guide. FlexNet Publisher 2020 R2 (11.17.0)
- License Administration Guide. FlexNet Publisher 2019 R2 (11.16.4)
- License Administration Guide. FlexNet Publisher 2014 R1 (11.12.1)
The FlexNet Publisher license server (the floating license server) from Flexera is used for managing floating licenses. The basic components of the FlexNet Publisher license server are these:
- license server administrator
- license key file
- vendor daemon
A floating license allows you to install and use the same license on multiple machines. The licenses are managed by the floating license server. The floating license server has information on the total number of products and editions you have and how many of these licenses are currently in use.
Getting the FlexNet license server installation files
In your 'FlexNet License Server utilities' folder, you can find the FlexNet license server installation files, Administration user guides, and release notes. The folder is located in the appropriate media volume. To find out, which media volume contains the 'FlexNet License Server utilities' folder, see the 3DS Media list for 2021x release.
Using the FlexNet license server
To use the FlexNet server
FlexNet server and modeling tools compatibility
You need to choose the version of the FlexNet license server and a vendor daemon - Cameo according to the modeling tool version you use:
Modeling tool\FlexNet version
11.12.0 and below
19.0 and below
1 except Windows 64-bit, Linux 64-bit, and MAC 64-bit lmadmin\lmgrd with a vendor daemons – cameo of 64-bit. These utilities are incompatible.