Teamwork Cloud 18.5 SP3 Documentation
This page provides the instructions to install and configure Cassandra on Windows.
To install Cassandra on Windows
- Download the Windows installer for your platform by clicking this link datastax-community-64bit_2.2.8.msi.
- You need to download Cassandra v2.2.8 64-bit version.
- The 32-bit system is for development only.
- If a firewall is running on your machine, you need to open the following Cassandra client ports: 9042 and 9160. See the detail here
Follow the DataStax Community setup wizard to install. During installation, accept the options to automatically start the services. This option starts the DataStax server when the installation completes and whenever the computer reboots.
- To check the status of the cluster using nodetool (the command line interface for managing a cluster):
C:\> cd "Program Files\DataStax Community\apache-cassandra\bin" C:\> nodetool status
4.1 Locate the keys - seeds, listen_address: and broadcast_rpc_address: in the file in C:\Program Files\DataStax Community\apache-cassandra\conf\cassandra.yaml (they are at different locations in the file). If, for example, the node's IP address was 10.1.1.123, the following values would apply:
The IP address 10.1.1.123 is just an example. You need to change it to the IP address of your server.
- There is a space before each IP address for the parameters listen_address and broadcast_rpc_address. The space is required for Cassandra to start.
- When entering the parameters to configure cassandra.yaml, be sure that there is no '#' (pound sign) or 'space' before the parameter name. If there is a #, for example, #broadcast_rpc_address: 10.1.1.123, this value will become a comment. If there is a space before the parameter name, for example, <space>#broadcast_rpc_address: 10.1.1.123 you will get an error after starting Cassandra.
Cassandra nodes exchange information about one another using a mechanism called Gossip. A Seed is a node used as a Gossip contact point for information regarding ring topology. There must be one or more Seed elements for a working cluster.
4.2 Use the following keys' values to change the existing ones:
5. Restart Cassandra.
To uninstall DataStax Community, use either
- The Uninstall DataStax Community Edition on the Start menu.
- The Windows Uninstall a program feature on the Control Panel.
The above instruction to install Cassandra on Windows is quoted from: http://docs.datastax.com/en/getting_started/doc/getting_started/cassandraWinInstall.html.
Once you finished installing and configuring Cassandra, you can install TWCloud.
- No labels