The comments pane is located on the right side of a published model portal. It displays all comments of all the views of a published model and their replies. Comments on the comments pane can be textual or graphical, resolved or unresolved, low or high priority. See the figure below to learn how different kinds of comments are displayed on the comments pane.
The comments pane can be shown or hidden.
To show/hide the comments pane
- Click in the title bar of a published model portal.
Clicking a comment or its reply in the comments pane opens the commented item in the content pane and selects the commented area. If the comment is graphical, clicking it in the comments pane opens the commented item in the content pane and selects the comment. Navigation between comments and commented items work both ways. If you select a commented item or a graphical comment in the content pane, the related comment is selected in the comments pane. If you select an item in the content pane that has several comments, the list of comments opens and you can select the comment you want find. The figures below display how graphical comments and items with textual comments are displayed in the content pane.
The comments pane allows you to search for comments by the comment name, text, author and even creation date. You can also select to see only the unresolved comments.
To search for comments
- Type a search phrase in the comment search box on the top of the comments pane.
- Optionally, do one or both of the following to filter comments:
- Under the comment search box, select the Uresolved Unresolved check box, to search only in unresolved comments.
- Under the comment search box, select the High priority check box, to search in comments with high priority.
When you start typing the search phrase in the comments search box, the comment pane shows only the comments that mach the search phrase text. Also, selecting one or both of the available filters helps to narrow down search results.