The memory allocation for the modeling tool by project size:
|Project Elements Count|
(including used projects)
|Allocated Memory 2|
|Earlier versions||2021x and later 1|
|1.5 million||1 million||6GB|
|2.5 million||2 million||7GB|
|5 million||3.5 million||11GB|
The amount of required memory proportionally increases if working on multiple projects.
1 the project elements count is different due to the profiling data storing metamodel optimized in 2021x (decrease by 40-80% in SysML and UAF projects).
2 these memory requirements are indicative and may vary by project specifics.
The operations that require more memory (1, 2, and 3.5 million of 2021x project elements respectively):
- UPDM migration to UAF - 10GB, 10GB, 36GB
- Converting between UAF, DoDAF2, DoDAF, MODAF, NAF, NAF4 frameworks - 8GB, 9GB, 13GB
- Element/Content History - 10GB, 15GB, 27GB
- Project Merge - 11GB, 13GB, 21GB 3
- Project Clone - 12GB, 14GB, 22GB
3 strongly depends on the amount of detected changes between merged versions (in this case, the specified required memory is for merging projects with 1.5k changes in total).