MagicDraw 18.4 Documentation
This page contains the descriptions of the following tables:
- Instance table allows you to manage an Instance Specifications of your model in a spreadsheet-like form.
- Generic table allows you to manage selected elements and their properties in a single place.
- Glossary table allows you to define specific terms, and to reuse them anywhere in your model.
- Metric table allows you to collect various metrics that can be used to evaluate the current state of your model.
The features listed below are available for all of those tables:
Displaying elements hierarchically in tables
Hierarchical tables are useful when managing and reviewing any amount of data. Hierarchy in a table is a tree-like structure in which all rows are listed according to the elements containment.
The hierarchy in the Instance table is displayed according to instance values that are a slot value of another Instance Specification. Composite instances are displayed.
To display elements hierarchically in a table
- In the table toolbar, click .
- Under the Display Mode option, choose one of the following:
- Complete tree to display elements with all of their owners in the column header.
- Compact tree to display elements with their direct and common owners in the column header.
Expanding/collapsing nodes in a hierarchical table
To expand/collapse nodes in a hierarchical table
- Click / in the name column.
- Select the row, and press the right arrow key/left arrow key.
Displaying/hiding element numbers in tables
When you create a new table, its rows will be numbered automatically in the name column. The following step is important if you want to modify pre-existing tables that were created before version 18.4.
To display/hide element numbers in a table
- Open the Specification window of the table.
Set the Show Element Number property value to true to display element numbers or false to hide them.
The element numbers are displayed in the name columns before the element name (see the following example).
- No labels