Teamwork Cloud (TWCloud) is No Magic’s next-generation repository for collaborative development and versioned storage of models. TWCloud is envisioned and developed to provide significant future improvements in the areas of model governance, model analysis, and integration with third-party tools. The first release will bring tangible benefits to enterprise users:
- Role Based Access Control is a major new feature, enabling efficient management of users’ access rights across the enterprise. Additionally, as distributed systems can be challenging to administer, we have built a convenient web-based administrative interface to TWCloud, which provides a single way to manage user accounts, licensing, access control, LDAP integration, and SSL.
- TWCloud is designed from the ground up to support working with large models. In particular, the efficient delta-based protocol used when users commit and retrieve updates to a model will save time for those users who access the repository through poor network connections. Likewise, the amount of data that is transmitted depends only on the size of the change being made and the users working on the model.
Currently, a project in TWCloud cannot have read-write access to other projects; all Project Usages are established as read-only. However, you can import some content of a used project to the main project by dragging-and-dropping content from a used project to the main one.
These are the distinctions between TWCloud and Teamwork Server in MagicDraw.
- Project Usages location: The model browser has a dedicated location for Project Usages, rather than mounting everything under the main model element. This also means that all Used project content will have one root in the Project.
- Shared Packages: There are no shared packages in the Project Usages; all content is available for reference. However, the TWCloud project can be stripped using the Hiding packages feature.
- The TWCloud projects do not support Mounting. During the export of Local/Teamwork Server projects to the TWCloud, the Mount relations are added automatically. This allows containing a project as similar as possible to the original project.
- The model with the Used projects is always available (loaded) unless the Used projects could not be loaded or found during export from the modeling tool (incomplete relocation of the Used project).
- Automatic Update of Project Usages: When referencing the latest version of the Project Usage, a message will appear notifying you of the new version of the Project Usages instead of the silent auto-update. You may choose to update it or keep using the current version.
You can find more information about the TWCloud's key benefits, required resources, and the latest news on its official product page here http://www.nomagic.com/products/teamwork-cloud.html.