Modeling and Infrastructure
When you work on a diagram, you invest a lot of time polishing the diagram layout to make it look good. However, if the content of your model changes, the diagram layout also changes and needs to be fixed. To save time, mark diagrams as complete and prevent their layout from being automatically updated.
The diagram on the right is marked as complete to prevent layout changes, which cause the distortions seen in the diagram on the left.
Learn more about complete diagrams >>
Deriving Layout Templates from a Composite Structure Diagram/Internal Block Diagram
Consider the effort it takes to perfect the layout of parts and their ports in Internal Block Diagrams. It would be more efficient to reuse the same layouts in other diagrams of your model. Now you can create layout templates directly from Internal Block Diagrams with just a few clicks.
Layout template created from an Internal Block Diagram.
Learn more about layout templates >>
These sample diagrams illustrate how changing label orientation can optimize diagram layout.
Learn more about label orientation >>
Enhanced Sequence Diagram Modeling with Execution Specifications
With this release, Sequence Diagram modeling becomes more precise. The activation bars now represent real model elements: Behavior and Action Execution Specifications. This enhancement adds two benefits:
- Navigation. Double-clicking the activation bars (Behavior Execution Specifications) enables you to navigate from a sequence diagram to other behavior diagrams.
- Time and Duration Constraints can be attached to Behavior and Action Execution Specifications.
Learn more about working with Execution Specification Modeling >>
Occasionally, a new service pack for a modeling tool is released while a team is working on a project. Some team members will upgrade their tool versions to the latest immediately, while other members will still use an earlier tool version. Beginning with Version 19.0, situations like this are handled by supporting forward compatibility. This enables all team members to work with different service pack versions if they do not all upgrade to the latest version at the same time.
Learn more about forward compatibility >>
- The Go To functionality was improved, so results are displayed faster and .
- A new project option, "Decimal Places," controls the maximum decimal places for real numbers in tables (generic, instance, metrics) and in specification windows.
- In the Relation Map, you can choose to show or hide Context, Relation Criteria, Element Type, and/or Scope.
- You can create custom diagram types based on the Generic Table and Relation Map options.
- When drawing a new relationship hold down the Alt key to reverse the relationship.
- The Collapse All and Collapse Selected Recursively buttons are added to the Containment Tree, Structure Tree, Lock View and Diagrams tabs.