This section will describe how to create and specify Events in BPMN diagrams.
To create a BPMNEvent
- On the Process diagram palette, click a desired event button and then select a type of BPMNEvent.
To create a Boundary Event
- On the Process diagram pallete, click the Boundary Event (Message) button and then select a type of Boundary Event.
- Click an Activity or Choreography Activity in the diagram.
To change a BPMNEvent type
- Right-click a created BPMNEvent and select a new BPMNEvent type.
To change a Start Event to non-interrupting, do one of the following
Not all Start Event types can be non-interrupting. The command Is Interrupting is only available for the following Start Event types:
- Message Start Event
- Timer Start Event
- Escalation Start Event
- Conditional Start Event
- Signal Start Event
- Multiple Start Event
- Parallel Multiple Start Event
- Right-click the Start Event and on the shortcut menu click Is Interrupting > False.
- Open the Start Event Specification window. It the Is Interrupting property box, select False and click Close.
To change a Boundary Event to non-interrupting, do one of the following
Not all Boundary Event types can be non-interrupting. The command Cancel Activity is only available for the following Boundary Event types:
- Message Boundary Event
- Timer Boundary Event
- Escalation Boundary Event
- Conditional Boundary Event
- Signal Boundary Event
- Multiple Boundary Event
- Parallel Multiple Boundary Event
- Right-click the Boundary Event and on the shortcut menu click Cancel Activity> False.
- Open the Boundary Event Specification window. In the Cancel Activity property box, select False, and then click Close.
- Start Events
- Intermediate Catch Event
- Intermediate Throwing Event
- Boundary Events
- End Events
- Choreography Activities