In your safety and reliability analysis model, you can define the values and expressions for all calculable properties, such as Correctablity, Probability, Severity, Risk Score and other. To do this, use the Safety Analysis Configuration and FMEA Configuration elements.
Every model has predefined Safety Analysis and FMEA Configuration elements coming with the FMEA Profile and Medical Risk Profile. However, you can create one more custom Safety Analysis Configuration element and one more custom FMEA Configuration element. If you decide to define custom Configuration elements, you can modify all the values and expressions used for analysis and calculation (in this case, Configuration elements coming with predefined profiles are not used).
To create custom Configuration element
- Create your safety and reliability analysis model or open an existing one.
- In the Model Browser, do one of the following:
- right-click on the package wherein you want to save a configuration and select the Create Element command.
- select a package wherein you want to save a configuration and press Ctrl+Shift+E.
In the open Create Element dialog, select the Safety Analysis Configuration or FMEA Configuration element. The selected element is created in your model.
Start typing "conf" to filter Risk Analysis and FMEA related elements.
- Type the element name.
- Open the element Specification window and specify the values of desired properties.
- Close the window when you are done.
To create safety analysis calculation expressions
- Create the Safety Analysis or FMEA Configuration element and open its Specification window.
- Under the Safety Analysis Calculations Group, select the value box of the expression you want to edit.
- Click the Edit button.
In the open dialog, select an operation and specify criteria by modifying a predefined expression.
By default, custom Configuration elements already have predefined expressions. So if a certain predefined expression meets your needs, you don't need to modify it.
- When you are done, click OK and close the Specification window.