You need to download the all-in-one plugin pack (the .rdzip file) first by doing the following
- Log on at nomagic.com as a license owner.
- From your download area, download the all-in-one plugin pack to the installation directory of the modeling tool.
You can install the Excel Import plugin by importing the downloaded all-in-one plugin pack (the .rdzip file) through Resource/Plugin Manager or extracting the plugin pack manually in the modeling tool directory.
To install Excel Import by importing the plugin pack (the .rdzip file) through Resource/Plugin Manager
From the modeling tool main menu, click Help > Resource/Plugin Manager. The Resource/Plugin Manager dialog opens.
Specify HTTP Proxy Settings for the connection to access MagicDraw updates and resources.
- Click to browse the local file system to locate the plugin pack.
- After importing the plugin pack, click to close the dialog.
- Restart the modeling tool. The plugin installation will be completed after restarting the modeling tool.
To extract the plugin pack directly in the modeling tool directory
- Go to the directory where your modeling tool is installed and extract the downloaded plugin pack.
- Start the modeling tool. The plugin is applied to your modeling tool.
The Excel Import plugin comes bundled with a sample of UML2.5 Meta Model with attributes. You can see this sample after you have downloaded the plugin and restarted your modeling tool (Help > Resource/Plugin Manager > Samples).