Perspective customization allows grouping of functional features into standard/expert modes. Customization also allows the user to hide unnecessary commands, making a modeling tool more convenient.
To open the Customize Perspectives dialog
- From the Options menu, choose Perspectives and then Customize.
- In the Perspectives dialog, click the Customize button.
There are seven customizable areas in different perspectives:
- Main menu
- Main toolbars
- Diagram toolbars
- Diagram modeling elements toolbar
- Smart manipulators
- Shortcut menu actions
- Create Diagram dialog
Each of these areas has a set of commands, which can be shown in the standard / expert mode or hidden.
To customize the selected area in a predefined perspective
- In the Customize Perspectives dialog, select the perspective and click the Edit button near the selected area. The appropriate Customize dialog opens.
- Expand tree sections and select radio buttons beside the items in the tree depending on your choice for Standard and Expert, Expert only or Hidden modes.
- Click OK when you are done.
To switch between Standard/Expert modes, do one of the following
- From the toolbar shortcut menu, select/clear the Expert Menu Mode or Expert Toolbar Mode check box.
- From the diagram palette shortcut menu, select/clear Expert Mode check box.