The diagram layout engine is available in Standard, Professional, Architect, and Enterprise editions.
It is easy to manage simple or complex diagrams using the automated layout features that optimize diagram layout.
MagicDraw automatically layouts symbols on diagrams when displaying related elements, creating diagrams by using wizards, when creating related diagrams.
You can layout diagrams quickly by using the Quick Diagram layout. The quick layout is a recommended type of layout, and it is specific for each diagram.
The layout mechanism is built on various layout tools. There are 2 groups of layout tools: general layout tools and specific diagram layout tools. These are the general layout tools:
- Orthogonal Layout
- Hierarchic Layout
- Organic Layout
- Tree Layout
- Circular Layout
- Oblique Path Router
- Rectilinear Path Router
These layout tools are provided by yFiles layout tool component. You can arrange each diagram (except Sequence diagram) by using any of the following general layout tools:
- Class Diagram Layout
- Composite Structure Diagram Layout
- Activity Diagram Layout
- State Machine Diagram Layout
- Business Process Diagram Layout
To layout diagrams by using the quick diagram layout, do one of the following
- Press Ctrl+Q.
- On the diagram toolbar, click the Quick Diagram Layout button.
- On the Layout menu, click Quick Diagram Layout.
To layout diagrams by using layout tools, do one of the following
- On the Layout menu, click one of the layout tools.
- On the diagram toolbar, click the small arrow next to the Quick Diagram Layout button, and select one of the layout tools.
- In the diagram shortcut menu, select Layout, and then select one of the layout tools.
To change the diagram layout options
- On the Layout menu, click Layout Options.
- In the Diagram Layout Options dialog, specify the layout options.
- Click OK.