Smart manipulator toolbar appears when symbols are selected on the diagram pane.
In the smart manipulator toolbar, buttons are divided into standard and extra modes. You can toggle between these two modes by clicking the Expand button - the arrow symbol - located at the bottom of every smart manipulator toolbar. Your choice will be remembered for all elements.
Use the smart manipulator toolbar to perform simple actions and create new elements quickly.
To create a new element connected to a particular element
From the selected element's smart manipulator toolbar, select the relationship that you want to draw.
Create a class symbol. In the class smart manipulator toolbar, select the Directed Association relationship for drawing. The drawing of this Directed Association relationship is initiated and the mouse cursor displays a class icon. Click the left mouse button. The element displayed on the mouse cursor is created together with the relationship.
- Right-click the mouse button and select the element from the list to be created at the end of the relationship you are drawing.
- To create a path breakpoint use the following keyboard combination: Ctrl key + Mouse click.
- To cancel the drawing of an element, press Esc.
To solve the detected symbol ownership problem
- Select the element with an incorrect ownership on the diagram pane (it is highlighted in red). The smart manipulator toolbar appears.
- Click the red button at the top of the smart manipulator toolbar. The menu with the possible problem solving solutions appears.
To hide smart manipulators and the smart manipulator toolbar
- From the Options menu, select Environment. The Environment Options dialog opens.
- In the Diagram options group, Smart Manipulators category, click to cancel the selection of the Show Smart Manipulators check box.
- Click OK.