You can move selected elements from the main server project to a directly used project. The relations are also moved with the element(s).
Moving cannot be undone
This action cannot be undone as a new version is automatically created and committed to the Teamwork Cloud server after the selected elements are moved to a new location.
To move elements from the main server project to a used one
- In the Model Browser, select one or more elements.
- Right-click the selected elements. From the shortcut menu, choose Refactor > Move Element(s) to Other Project.
The Move Elements dialog opens. Select a package or a classifier in the used project where you want to move the elements. You will see the classifier as a possible destination if only classifier elements are selected to move. Otherwise, only packages will be shown.
Drag the selection
You can drag and drop the selected elements to the used project package or classifier instead of using the shortcut menu. This action can be performed if the following conditions are met:
- if the selected elements to move contain at least one non-classifier element, it is restricted to drop to other targets than packages.
- if the selected elements to move contain only classifiers, moving is allowed to either packages or classifiers.
- Do one of the following:
- Click Move to start moving elements or
- click Select More to specify your selection. The Select Elements dialog elements opens, in which you can:
- add or remove some elements from a selection or
- change the destination (click at the end of the row). The Select destination dialog will list destination targets by the type of the element selected to move (i.e. if it is a classifier element, classifiers will be listed in the Tree and List tabs). Otherwise only packages will be listed.
- Click OK when you are done.
- A notification appears, asking if you want to check dependencies among projects. Select Yes/No to continue moving elements.
- After you move the elements, new main project and used projects versions are created and automatically committed to the server. Additionally, the user project is switched to the latest version.