By default, all packages in the project can be reviewed and modified by any Teamwork Cloud user.
There are two levels of permissions:
- The Global permission specifies which permission is applied for all project packages for all users:
- Select Read-Write as the Global permission to restrict editing of the selected package, leaving the rest of the model editable.
- Select Read-Only as the Global permission to restrict editing of the entire model, leaving only the selected package editable.
- Package permissions specify the permissions applied to a particular package for a particular user. If no permission is specified for the package, the global permission is valid.
If you want to restrict editing of a package for a specific user or user group, you can easily do this by modifying the package permissions. You can modify package permissions if you have the Manage model permissions permission on that project. Select:
- Read-Only to restrict editing of the package for the selected user.
- Read-Write to allow editing of the package for the selected user.
By default, Read-Write as the Global permission is assigned to the project and the Read-Only permission is assigned to the package.
Project-level and package-level permissions
The TWCloud project-level Read-Write Permissions can be overridden by package permissions. For example, if a user was granted project-level Read-Write permissions, but was assigned Read-Only permissions for a particular package, that user will not be allowed to make changes to the elements owned by the package and the package itself.
If a user has project-level Read-Only permissions, package permissions cannot override them.