On this page
To create a Dependency Matrix, first of all, you need to define which data you wish to display on its pane. Select row and column element types, row and column scope, the direction of the relationships as well as the dependency criteria for this. Be advised that the easiest way to define all the above-mentioned criteria, except the type of the relationship direction, is using the drag-and-drop operation.
A lot of properties of the Dependency Matrix can be specified in the matrix Specification window.
Specifying element type
To specify a row/column element type
- In the Model Browser, select one or more elements which types you wish to see on your matrix and drag them to the Row Element Type/Column Element Type box in the Criteria area.
- For the multiple selection Press and hold Shift or Ctrl.
- If you want to add additional elements, press and hold Ctrl while dragging the elements to the Row Element Type/Column Element Type box.
Click the Select Element Type dialog select what element types you wish to see on your matrix. Click OK.button next to the Row Element Type/Column Element Type box and in the
- Select the Include subtypes check box to display the subtypes of the selected element types.
- Select the Include Custom Types check box to display the custom types extending the selected element types.
- Open the matrix Specification window, click the Row Element Type/Column Element Type property value cell, then click the button, and in the opened dialog select what element types you wish to see on your matrix. Click Close.
Specifying dependency criterion
To specify which relationships you want to display on the matrix
- Click the button next to Dependency Criteria.
- Select the relationships you want to display.
- In the Properties column, click the
button to select the properties of the relationship. When you're done, click Close.
- Include Relationship Subtypes - select to include the subtypes of the selected relationship types.
- Include Relationship Custom Types - select to include the custom relationship types that extend the selected relationship types.
- Filter by Property Value - select properties to use as additional relationship filters.
Include Aggregation and Composition - select to include Aggregation and Composition relationships along with the Association relationship.
The Include Aggregation and Composition option can be specified in the Relationship Properties dialog only if the Association or custom Association relationship is selected as a Relation Criterion.
- In the Style column, click the select how the relationship is represented in the matrix . button to
- When you're done, click Close, then OK.
Specifying relationship direction
To specify a relationship direction
- Select a direction from the Direction drop-down list in the Criteria area.
- Open the matrix Specification window, click the Direction property value cell and select what direction relationships you wish to see on your matrix. Click Close.
Specifying what elements are visible on the matrix
To specify what elements you wish to see on the matrix: related, non-related, or all
- From the Show Elements drop-down list in the Criteria area, select
- With relations if you need to see only related elements from the selected scope.
- Without relations if you need to see only non-related elements from the selected scope.
- All if you need to see both related and non-related elements from the selected scope.
Open the matrix Specification window, click the Show Elements property value cell and choose one of the values described above. Click Close.
After the Show Elements value is changed, you should always refresh a matrix.
Once criteria are specified, you can create the matrix. Click Dependency Matrix toolbar.on the
When a Dependency Matrix contains a large number of rows and/or columns, it may become difficult to work with, as you need to scroll in order to see certain parts of it. In this case, you can select to exclude cells (either rows or columns) that contain relationships and make your Dependency Matrix view more compact.
To specify what cells to display on the matrix