With a Constraint Block, you can define parameters needed to calculate a formula. In a Parametric diagram, Constraint Blocks are used as types of Constraint Properties. You can use the same Constraint Block in several Contexts. Usually, constraints are stored in a library, where you will be able to export and reuse them in other models.
To create a Constraint Block
- Open a Block Definition Diagram or create a new one.
- Click the Constraint Block button on the diagram palette, then click an empty space on the diagram pane. An unnamed constraint block is created.
- Type a Constraint Block name directly on the shape of that element and press Enter.
- In a constraints compartment, type a formula.
- Create parameters. Click the Constraint Block. The smart manipulator appears. Click the Parse and Create Parameters.
- According to the formula, parameters having default types assigned are created. If necessary, you may change the type of the particular parameter.