Validation can run on:
- The entire model, or its part (e.g. several packages).
- Diagram, table, matrix, or relation map
To start the validation of the entire model or its part
- Open the How to open the Validation dialog >> .
- Specify the following options:
- Validation Suite.
- Validate For.
- Minimal Severity.
Learn more about each of the option >>
- Click Validate.
The model or its part is validated against the selected validation suite.
To validate the diagram, table, matrix, or relation map
- On the toolbar of diagram, table, matrix, or map, click the Validate Diagram button .
- Right-click the diagram, table, matrix, or map in the Containment tree, select Validation > Validate Diagram.
To validate the element(s)
- Right-click the element in the Containment tree.
- In the shortcut menu, point to Validation and select:
- Validate Element - to validate only selected element.
- Validate Elements Recursively - to validate all child elements of the selected element.