The Teamcenter plugin allows you to export items from a project in a modeling tool to the Teamcenter repository. Exported elements are automatically converted to Teamcenter items based on predefined mapping rules.
To export data from a modeling tool to the Teamcenter repository
- Start your modeling tool and open the SysML project from which you want to export the desired data.
- Connect to the Teamcenter server.
In the model browser of a modeling tool, select the element you want to export.
In the Teamcenter Active Workspace panel select the Teamcenter folder to witch you want to export the data.
- Click in the Containment tab toolbar of the model browser to start the import.
If the Copy Data with Sync dialog opens, map unmapped data types or customize the existing data mapping scheme to continue the export.
- When you receive the confirmation that the export is complete, click Close.
Exporting scope and location
- You can only export one element at a time.
- You can only export the same element once.
- The selected element is exported together with all the elements it owns
- If you do not select the Teamcenter folder to witch you want to export the data, it is exported to the Newstuff folder.
After you complete the above steps, the selected model element and all the elements it owns are exported to the specified folder in the Teamcenter repository.