Datastax has discontinued the Community Edition of Datastax Cassandra, whose stack included OpsCenter. As a result, Teamwork Cloud now runs using the Apache Cassandra 3.11 distribution. The unavailability of Datastax OpsCenter has created a need to develop an alternative monitoring stack. The upside is that we have now developed a monitoring stack which also monitors metrics directly from Teamwork Cloud on the same panel.
The monitoring stack is based on open source tooling.
The following components constitute the monitoring node:
- InfluxDB - time series database for collecting the metric data
- Grafana - dashboard visualization layer
- Jmxtrans - Collector to retrieve JMX metrics from remote hosts
The following components are deployed on each TWC/Cassandra node:
- Telegraf - system metrics collector
- Dropwizard metrics-graphite-3.1.2.jar - metrics publishing agent for Java
On a single node installation, all components may be installed on the same node. On multi-node systems, the monitoring node components may be installed on one of the nodes (or on a separate machine), while the other components are deployed on each node.