To synchronize external users/user groups through the User application
Go to the User application, click theand choose Import users & groups.
- Select a LDAP server from which you want to synchronize users and groups.
In the search bar, type a username, group name or LDAP query, and press Enter. A list of usernames that matches the username or LDAP query will appear.
- Choose one or more usernames/group names to synchronize by selecting the check box(es).
- Click Import.
New users and groups will be imported. When imported user is new, an external user will be created and the role assignment will be assigned to the user. If the user has been imported before, the existing user information will be updated but the role assignment stays the same.
Upon importing users and groups, you can copy roles and assignments from other users to them. See the section Copying roles and assignment for more information.
Different icons will help you to identify users or user groups which will be imported or synchronized.
To synchronize an external user group
- Go to the Users application and from the left side users/user groups filter select User groups. Then, do one of the following:
- Click a user group name and from the Group details card click Synchronize button.
- Click and from the option list select Synchronize group.
- Synchronization process starts.