On this page
You can edit certain model elements right in a Cameo Collaborator for Teamwork Cloud document. This is very beneficial for the whole product team, because engineers and even stakeholders can make changes to a model without having to use a modeling tool. In addition, the model editing capability speeds up the collaboration on a model. It allows you to instantly correct property values in a Cameo Collaborator document and skip the commenting process.
The sections below explain several main workflows where the model editing feature can be used.
Documents published from synchronized projects
If a Cameo Collaborator document is published from a synchronized project on the target Teamwork Cloud server, the commenting and model editing capabilities in the document will be disabled so that the synchronized project on the target server cannot be modified. Learn more about cross-cluster resource synchronization.
Model editing to provide feedback
If you need to review a Cameo Collaborator document and provide feedback on the model, follow the workflow below.
To provide feedback on a model
- Open the Cameo Collaborator for Teamwork Cloud document you want to review.
- Review the document, including its structure, element characteristics, and diagrams.
- Do one or several of the following actions:
- Inform the author that you have finished reviewing the document so that he/she could react to your feedback.
Model editing to react to feedback
When a reviewer provides feedback on a Cameo Collaborator document, address the comments right in the document without having to use a modeling tool.
To react to feedback
- Open the Cameo Collaborator for Teamwork Cloud document that has comments you need to address.
In the app bar click to open the comments pane and read the comments.
- Edit element values in the document to address the reported issues.
- Reply to the comments to inform the reviewer that required changes have been made or ask for additional information.
- Inform the reviewer that you have finished updating the model and ask for another round of review.