The Unified Architecture Framework (UAF) supports the capability to:
- model architectures for a broad range of complex systems, which may include hardware, software, data, personnel, and facility elements;
- model consistent architectures for system-of-systems (SoS) down to lower levels of design and implementation;
- support the analysis, specification, design, and verification of complex systems; and
- improve the ability to exchange architecture information among related tools that are SysML based and tools that are based on other standards.
According to modeling needs, there are two UAF templates for different purposes:
- UAF Enterprise Architecture Project is designed for enterprise and IT architecture modeling and includes essential elements for this area: capabilities, requirements, operational behaviors, resources (hardware, software, facility), data, and personnel.
- UAF Project is designed to model architectures for a broad range of complex systems.The UAF provides an applicable model security controls, threat, risk and risk mitigation. It allows defining consistent architectures for System-of-Systems (SoS) inclusive all creation phases from the design until implementation.
Please make sure, that UAF plugin is installed.