On this page
Creating a part
To create a part, do one of the following
- In the Composite Structure diagram palette, select Part and click on the diagram.
- In the Containment tree, select an element, which can be defined as a part type, and drag it to the composite structure diagram.
Creating a new composite structure diagram for the type of the part
To create a new composite structure diagram for the type of the part, do one of the following
Select a part and from the smart manipulator toolbar, choose the New Composite Structure Diagram button.
- A new diagram is created under the part type.
- If type was not assigned for the selected part then a new type is created automatically.
- The created diagram is named after the part type.
- From the part shape’s shortcut menu, select Create Diagram and then diagram from the list. This accelerates the creation of composite structure diagram (the Create Diagram menu item is available only if the type is specified for the part).
Defining a type of the part
To define a type of a part, do one of the following
On a diagram pane, draw a new part and in the opened Select Type list, select a type.
The Select Type list is not displayed if the Type Selection Mode is disabled. How to turn on the Type Selection Mode >>
- On a diagram, select a part and press Ctrl+T (for MAC OS X press Cmd+T) and in the opened Select Type list, select a type.
- On a diagram, select a part and from the smart manipulator toolbar, select the Specify Type button. In the Select Type dialog, select a type.
- On a diagram, select a part and then type the name of the type after a ":". The type will be created with the specified name.
- In the part Specification window, Type property specification cell, select a type.
When creating a port on a part, if a part does not have a specified type, a new type for the part is created automatically.
Hiding the multiplicity
To hide the multiplicity next to the part's type
- Right-click the part shape and select Symbol Properties.
- In the Symbol Properties dialog, set the Show Multiplicity property value to false.
- Click Close.