The Find in Diagram command enables you to search for textual information in all types of diagrams, including tables, matrices and maps. Use this command to find a specific text phrase in a diagram and navigate through the highlighted search results.
To find text in a diagram
- Open the diagram in which you want to perform the search.
- Do one of the following:
- Click in the diagram toolbar.
- In the search box, type the text you want to find.
- Use / (F3) to navigate through highlighted search results. (Shift+F3)
- You can search in several open diagrams at once. Typing a search phrase in a subsequent diagram does not undo the search results in a previous diagram.
- When you press Ctrl+F with multiple open diagrams, the search starts in an active diagram.
- To search for textual information in the whole model, click Find dialog. in the diagram search bar and specify the search criteria in the
After typing a search phrase, the search results are highlighted in yellow and the diagram or table scrolls to the first search result (highlighted in orange), as shown below. Diagram symbols or table rows that do not contain your search phrase are shaded. A diagram symbol is also shaded if the search phrase is found in the symbol compartment.