You can import items from the Teamcenter repository to a project in a modeling tool. Imported items are automatically converted to SysML elements based on predefined mapping rules.
To import data from the Teamcenter repository to a modeling tool
- Start your modeling tool and open the SysML project to which you want to import data.
- Connect to the Teamcenter server.
In the Active Workspace panel, select the Teamcenter folder or item you want to import.
- You can only import one element at a time.
- You can only import items that have an internal structure.
- Drag the import icon at the bottom of the Active Workspace panel (highlighted below) to the desired Package in the model browser of a modeling tool.
- In the Import Settings dialog, use the Import Depth drop-down box to select the the level of items to be imported (optional). By default, the import depth is not limited.
- In the same dialog, select which item properties should be converted to the value properties of a block (optional):
- Click the Configure button. The Extract Value Properties dialog opens.
- From the list on the left side of the dialog, select the property you want to convert to the value property of a block.
- Click to add the selected property to the selected properties area on the right side of the dialog.
- If needed, repeat the last step to add more properties.
- Click OK.
- In the Import Settings dialog, click OK to start the import.
When importing data, the Copy Data with Sync dialog is opened by default if there are any unmapped element types in the import scope. If you want the Copy Data with Sync dialog to be opened during every import (e.g, when you need to customize existing data mapping rules), specify the desired mapping policy in the Environment Options dialog.
- When you receive the confirmation message that the import is completed, click Close.
You can only export the same element once.
When the import is finished, use the features of a modeling tool to analyze and visualize the imported data. You can also refine your model and synchronize new data with the project stored in the Teamcenter repository.