Released on: March 26, 2019
LDAP management improvements
In this version, we took a step forward with improving the user experience in LDAP management, the most complicated Settings application part. We have entirely redesigned the LDAP management page and LDAP configuration process to allow you to work more efficiently.
Copy role assignments during LDAP import
While importing a user/group, adding and assigning tasks in the LDAP management page are much quicker now with the Copy Assignment feature. When assigning roles for to-be-imported LDAP users/groups, simply choose an existing user/group to copy the assignments from and you are done.
OAuth consumer management
TWCloud Admin now has a dedicated user interface for managing OAuth consumer data, enabling full control over the OAuth-related credentials necessary to access TWCloud data for integration purposes, especially via OSLC.
Registering new consumer.
Other TWCloud Admin enhancements
The users application has undergone changes aimed at better productivity and usability when performing daily user management tasks:
- Sort users by their username or last activity date.
- At first glance see how many users or groups are internal or external.
- Use multiple selections to group users, copy assignments to them, or delete them with one click.
- Filter out users who are not enabled.
- We changed the drop-down list to a search bar in the Release Locked Elements pane for a better search experience.
We added some of the above-mentioned generic features to other applications (Roles, Resources), where they proved to be a perfect fit.
If you ever forgot your Administrator's password and were completely locked out of the TWCloud server, or removed an important project by accident, the 19.0 SP2 release has your remedy. We added dedicated features to our Data Manager tool, including an Administrator's password reset, and removed project restore. Additionally, Data Manager now allows you to reset the TWCloud cluster ID, which comes in handy when performing cloning between test and production environments.
With every new TWCloud release, we try to expand our APIs to enable wider opportunities for integration with 3rd party tools. This time, we introduced the following enhancements to our REST API:
- Allow retrieving a delta between selected resource revisions. You can inspect which elements have been added, modified or removed between two revisions via a single call.
- To enable better change tracking, you can set a commit comment during Create/Update/Patch/Delete REST requests on resource elements.
Key Issues Fixed in this Service Pack
- TWCloud cluster instability when under high load has been fixed.
- The exception of client-side blob serialization while opening specific projects no longer appears.
- Fixed the issue where users using the LDAP Active Directory could not establish a secure connection between TWCloud and LDAP.
- The LDAP entry list is shown even when the LDAP configuration connection timeout is not specified.
- The LDAP configuration is validated, i.e., if a user tries to create an LDAP entry with incorrect information or does not fill in required information, the entry will not be created.