Released on: March 18, 2019
LDAP management improvements
As we always seek perfection in our tool usability, in this version we took step forward with improving user experience in most complicated Settings application part - LDAP management. We have entirely redesigned LDAP management page and LDAP configuration process for more efficient work.
Copy role assignments during LDAP import
Adding and assigning assignments while importing user/group in the LDAP management page are much quicker now with the Copy Assignment feature. When assigning roles for to-be-imported LDAP users/groups simply choose an existing user/group to copy over the assignments from and you are done.
OAuth consumer management
TWCloud Admin now has a dedicated user interface for managing OAuth consumer data. You are given a full control over OAuth-related credentials necessary to access TWCloud data for integration purposes, especially via OSLC.
Registering new consumer.
Other TWCloud Admin enhancements
Users application has undergone some changes aimed at better productivity and usability when performing daily user management tasks:
- Sort users by their username or last activity date.
- At first glance know how many users or groups are internal or external.
- Use multiple selection to select users and group them or copy assignments to them or delete them with one click.
- Filter out users who are still not enabled.
- For better search experience we changed drop-down list to search bar in Release Locked Elements pane.
We also made sure to add some of the above mentioned generic features to other applications (Roles, Resources) were they proved to be a perfect fit.
If you ever felt completely locked out of TWCloud server upon forgetting Administrator's password or, even worse, removed an important project by accident, 19.0 SP2 release has a remedy for both of these cases. In particular, we improved our Data manager tool by adding dedicated features to be used in case of disaster recovery: Administrator's password reset and removed project restore. Moreover, Data manager now allows to reset TWCloud cluster ID which comes in handy when performing cloning between test and production environments.
As with every new TWCloud release, we try to expand our APIs to enable wider opportunities for integration with 3rd party tools. This time is no different as we introduce the following enhancements to our REST API:
- We now allow retrieving a delta between selected resource revisions. In other words, via a single call you can inspect what elements have been added, modified or removed between two revisions that you are interested in.
- To enable better change tracking a commit comment can now be set during Create/Update/Patch/Delete REST requests on resource elements.
Key Issues Fixed in this Service Pack
- TWCloud cluster instability when under high load has been fixed.
- The exception of client-side blob serialization while opening specific projects no longer appears.
- Fixed issue, where users using LDAP Active Directory could not establish secure connection between TWCloud and LDAP.
- The LDAP entry list is shown even if in the LDAP configuration connection timeout is not specified.
- The LDAP configuration is validated, that is, if user tries to create LDAP with incorrect information or required information is not filled, the LDAP entry will not be created.