Using the Export button
You can export the table to an *.html, *.csv, or *.xlsx file.
The Metric table, as in Version 18.3, can be exported to .xlsm file. How to export Metric table to .xlsm file >
Before exporting a table, you can:
Customize the template.html according to your needs.
- The style of *.html tables is specified in template.html which can be found in <MagicDraw installation directory>\data\table.
- The file stores cascading style sheets (CSS) that define the appearance of an exported table.
- Prepare a table by showing only particular data.
To export a table
- On the Publish toolbar, click the Export button.
- In the opened dialog, do the following:
- Browse for a location to save the table.
- Type the exported table name.
- Select the exported table format.
- Click Save when you are done.
The table is exported to the location you have specified.
Using the Write To File command
You can export data from a modeling tool table to an Excel/CSV file by using the Write To File command. Read the following rules before using this command:
- If the the file is not linked with the table, this command allows you to export a new Excel or CSV file to your computer and create a reference automatically between the table and the exported file. The file cannot be saved and linked with the table if a file with the same name and in the same location already exists. You can use the Export button from the table toolbar to export a table without creating a reference. If the the file is linked with the table, this command transfers the data directly to your Excel/CSV file.
To export data from a modeling tool table to an Excel/CSV file
- On the table toolbar, click .
- Select the Write To File command.
The data is exported from modeling tool table to Excel/CSV file.
Write To File exceptions
The data cannot be exported or exported correctly if:
- The Excel file is corrupted.
The CSV file is open.
The CSV file is locked or you do not have the necessary permissions to access it.